Cooking isn’t just something you do… It’s an exploration into ingredients and flavors from around the globe to create works of art, with plates as your canvas.
Turn cooking into a career as you receive the foundation for culinary training from caring and highly qualified chefs. Their engaging personalities put the spotlight on students, helping them to succeed and master a variety of culinary techniques.
- Receive hands-on culinary training in French, Asian, Mediterranean, Latin and American cooking, along with professional baking and pastry techniques.
- Seasoned culinary professionals work with you in kitchens equipped with industry-standard equipment, tools and utensils needed to prep food masterpieces.
- Master advanced cooking skills like contemporary food reception, presentation and knife skills.
- Enter the world of modern gastronomy through the newest, cooking methods such as SousVide, thermal immersion, and manipulating scientific techniques to create food with depth and dimension.
- Perfect your skills inside CafÃ© ProtÃ©gÃ©, our student-operated restaurant that pastry and culinary students work in to prep, cook and serve food to the public.
- Experience cuisine from around the world, and study their ingredients, flavors and cultures.
- The Culinary Arts program is accredited by the prestigious American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC).*
The broad range of culinary programs, theory and practical experience you gain-including kitchen and restaurant management skills-can help make your entry into the culinary industry a delicious success!
You’ll also prepare to sit for American Culinary Federation’s Certified Culinarian and Pastry Culinarian certifications!
As a Culinary Arts student, you’ll taste new food, learn new things and become a lifelong learner with experiences that you’ll carry with you forever. Everyone has a different dream, but the passion for bringing joy to others through food remains the same. To enroll in Lincoln’s Culinary Arts program, or find culinary schools near you, request more information below!
*Degree, diploma and/or certifications vary by program and by campus. See your admissions representative for specific qualifications.
*This does not apply to the Culinary Arts program at our Columbia, Maryland campus.
International Baking & Pastry
The International Baking and Pastry Program, offers a broad array of baking and pastry theory and practical experiences necessary for success in the food service industry. All courses emphasize laboratory activities, with extensive periods of hands-on practical experience in professionally equipped culinary laboratories.
The following is a sampling of the training included:
- Candy making
- Tempering of chocolate
- Wedding cakes
- Mousses and creams
- Advanced piping skills
- Scones and puff pastry
- Croissants, cookies, Ã©clairs
- Basic knife skills
- Desert menu development
- Facility design (restaurant, bakery)
- Wine knowledge and tasting
- History of baking
Italian Culinary Arts
Imagine yourself making fresh pasta with the finest ingredients in Italy. Now imagine yourself actually doing it – because Lincoln’s Italian Culinary Arts program will take you there!
The dream of training to become a chef in Italy can come true. Lincoln’s Italian Culinary Arts training gives you the foundation to theory and practice in this exciting food service industry. From delicious sauces and soups, to the art of fresh pasta making, Italian cuisine is the showpiece of this program. And best of all, your training will take you to Italy to experience it firsthand.
- Hands-on training takes place inside our European island-style kitchens equipped with tools, machines and appliances for students to create beautiful dishes.
- Through a careful balance of theory and practical application of culinary arts, chefs-in-training gain professional development.
- Application of cooking techniques is taught by seasoned instructors with food service industry experience.
- Students are shown how to properly use and care for culinary tools, and practice technical skills such as knife skills, baking and pastry techniques and food presentation.
- Study the history and landscape of Italian cuisines, and gain a beginners understanding in speaking Italian, which will come in handy during your externship.
- Finally, head to the place where it all began, Italy, for a memorable externship working in the country’s hospitality and restaurant industry!
Your dreams of becoming a chef are about to come true. At Lincoln, we’re committed to your success, and we want to show you the career you’ve always wanted can be yours. Training in Italy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity you don’t want to miss!
If you’ve always wanted to have a career that lets you celebrate your creativity and passion for food, training in the Italian Culinary Arts program is it. Click below to get started!